Responsible to transform our next generation, real time, video communication applications. Pull together various telecom & media protocols of call participants for a coherent and productive meeting.
- Believe in fault-free multi-threaded software design
- Experience with real time, high throughput systems like video stream, capture, mix, render
- Contribute to inter-team Architecture discussions and Design reviews, influence our R&D future
- Collaborate across teams for thorough design reviews and completeness of feature integration
- Coordinate work of multiple team members (Dev & QA) to meet functionality, quality, performance and reliability requirements
- Shoulder responsibility and strive to meet quality expectations and timelines.
- Understand existing ecosystem before being able to add features, functions and enhancements.
- Design and implement including coding, unit testing and release to production.
- Plan with known expectations and dependencies.
- Follow & improve processes - with special focus on code reviews, among others.
- Improve quality with every version, and new features must match or exceed existing levels.
- Contribute to a collaborative and responsive team that owns a world-class product service.
- Through awareness question priorities and influence plans & designs.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years’ experience building multi-threaded solutions on Linux/Android/iOS/Mac/Win
- 5+ years’ experience developing in C++
- 5+ years’ experience developing voice/video streaming solutions.
- Experience in Graphics, Audio and Video Processing
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and tools
- Good communication skills through email, specs and design docs
Verizon recently acquired BlueJeans and plans to integrate BlueJeans employees into Verizon, including its compensation and benefits programs, in due course. This position will be part of that planned integration.
- Experience with protocols: RTP/RTCP, SIP, H.323
- Experience with packet error resilience: RTX/FEC, packet pacing
- Contributions to open source projects. Culture of innovation with patents.
- Experience building AV capture, AV rendering, screen capture applications.