If you are a data junkie who would like to wrangle through huge data sets of usage, stats, clickstreams, free text feedbacks and more to predict the user experience, adoption and retention. You like to solve complex and challenging problems and articulate the results in a lucid manner. Then we’ve got the problem for you and the data to solve it.
In your role as data scientist you will :
- Select features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Build statistical/machine learning models to extract insights
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to determine relevant data sources
- Communicate the insights/recommendations to a wide spectrum of stake holder
- Act as a mentor to guide/train less experienced folks
Desired Skills and experience:
- B.E/Masters in Computer science/Statistics or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience in predictive modelling, strong knowledge of machine learning algorithms.
- Strong in R,Python (numpy, scipy etc)
- Very strong SQL and data visualization
- Exposure to Big Data platforms such as Spark, Mahout, Scala, AWS machine learning is a plus
- Great communications skills
Verizon recently acquired BlueJeans and plans to integrate BlueJeans employees into Verizon, including its compensation and benefits programs, in due course. This position will be part of that planned integration.