About BlueJeans Networks: We are a cloud based video infrastructure company with video conferencing and video broadcasting related applications. Our platform pulls together various telecom & media protocols of call participants to a coherent and productive meeting.
The ideal Principal Software Engineer candidate would…
- Have experience designing and building large scalable web services
- Be proficient in Java and familiar with Python or Node.js
- Have experience building RESTful APIs and have good knowledge of RESTful design patterns
- Be able to work well within a geographically distributed team
- Have strong communication skills through email, specs and design docs
Some of the things you’re expected to do...
- Understand existing ecosystem before being able to add features, functions and enhancements.
- Plan with known expectations and dependencies.
- Design and implement features and platform functions including coding, unit testing and deployment to production.
- Follow & improve processes - with special focus on code reviews and unit testing, among others.
- Improve quality with every version, and new features must match or exceed existing levels.
- Contribute to a collaborative and responsive team that owns a world-class product service.
- Through awareness question priorities and influence plans & designs.
- Collaborate across teams for complete feature implementation
- Shoulder responsibility and strive to meet quality expectations and timelines.
Some of the qualifications we usually expect...
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years extensive software development experience in Java
- 6+ years of software engineering experience designing and building large scalable SaaS or consumer web applications
- Have an in-depth understanding of API cache design and caching technologies
- Familiarity with Agile development methodology and tools.
You Get Bonus Points for….
- Experience in developing real-time communication software such as video conferencing
- Experience in scaling large high transaction volume web services
- Strong system experience with Unix
- VOIP background such as knowledge of protocols such as SIP
- Contributions to open source projects