As a QA Thought Leader, you will establish and drive the QA strategy of a mid-sized engineering organisation developing cloud-based complex, scalable product with extensive worldwide deployment. You will establish the right test architecture and process for testing end-to-end functionality, redundancy, scalability and stability of the system to certify the product for five-9s uptime. You will analyse external bug trends, track internal QA metrics and propose continuous improvements. In short, you will be the brain behind the overall QA practice of BlueJeans for delivering best-in-class products to the market.
- Design Test framework to solve the UI, API, end-to-end Functional verification challenges of the product and improve internal test infrastructure across different platforms like backend, Database, Browser, Mobile and Desktop.
- Create test automation strategy, automation plan and help institutionalise test automation as a key aspect of product QA.
- Analyse Performance, Security, Scalability, Diagnosis and troubleshooting of cloud service
- Establish metrics to evaluate QA testing effectiveness, check trends, identify actionable areas and propose plan to improve continuously.
- Evaluate third-party test tools to improve test process and quality of BlueJeans products. Develop small prototypes, where necessary, to create replicable designs, to be standardised across Dev and QA teams.
- Participate in technical discussions with engineering teams to understand application architecture and APIs model.
- Responsible for peer reviewing code / Automated cases done by the team
- Integrating test automation scripts with Continuous Integration and Delivery pipeline.
- Interact with customers, partners, and development teams; take improvement initiatives and communicate progress to the senior leadership on a regular basis.
Verizon recently acquired BlueJeans and plans to integrate BlueJeans employees into Verizon, including its compensation and benefits programs, in due course. This position will be part of that planned integration.
- Overall 11-14 yrs experience in QA.
- Minimum 3 years experience working as a Prinicipal Test Engineer / Staff Test Engineer in a cloud-based product, preferably in SaaS domain.
- Excellent knowledge of test architectural principles, concepts, and application across web/cloud-based technologies on Amazon or Azure Cloud, Kubernetes, Docker etc
- Experience in collaborating across a variety of stakeholders across geographies, Dev/QA/Products/Support, and ability to interact effectively with all levels.
- Comfortable with Metrics, Data-driven decision-making and unification of QA processes across organization.
- Understanding of Agile development process (including tools - Rally, JIRA etc); comfortable diving into the technical architecture of complex and highly scalable solutions.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills; ability to convince stakeholders based on data and get things done by influence; experience in presenting to diverse audiences and conducting education and training.